Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Why am I a Free Spirit?

At the World
From my window,
I look with wide eyes
wondering if I would survive
a day on my own,
by myself; me alone.
They talk about Global warming,
but to me its so cold,
society is so harsh, so bitter,
I can taste the fear, in the air
not just mines,others too.
Just thinking about it, I feel lost
in a daze, or am I just trapped
in society's maze?
Am I strong?
Will I try to be right but still
end up being wrong?
I may fall, will I break?
Can I survive the mistakes I make?
Sometimes I feel afraid for myself
and of myself.
Sometimes I wish,
I was one of those stable, steady people,
who plan their way to the finish,
before they even start,who move slowly, with caution
and think with their heads
and not their hearts.
Oh, but I'm a dreamer,
a lover of music, and memories and
unexplainable things;
sunsets and flowers and shiny rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment